June 2009 – February 2010
B-Side Entertainment was a film distribution startup that used digital marketing and exhibition to connect films directly with audiences. B-Side distributed films using theatrical and non-theatrical venues and through partnerships with DVD, digital and television distributors.
- Responsible for developing and executing strategic and tactical marketing plans for all film releases.
- Including traditional, grassroots and community outreach, online social media and street team promotions
- Strategized and created promotional partners and alliances for screening programs and national initiatives
- Booked traditional and non-traditional theatrical engagements for films
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with filmmakers
- Managed and trained marketing and communications staff and interns
- Manage the responsibilities of the marketing departments including online marketing (web site), social media, communications, traffic data and metrics, creative services, publicity and home video partners